Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Successful...i think not..

Hey,

So i got some feedback from some important people in my life regarding the blog and how to improve it, and inshallah will try to make those improvements in the forthcoming blogs...i have felt myself that sometimes the blog can at times lack some quality (i know rare for someone with my attention to detail) and even quantity (i know rare for someone of my stature) but it has and that has to do with the time i was writing the blogs, as it usually was at the end of the day and my jet lag is still in effect. So i tend to sleep in the early evenings here and then be awake again by night, so its been quite difficult to write as im half dead during that time!

Anyway today we spent the day driving back to LA, where im currently writing this now, in the valley,which is like a suburb of Los Angles, but we just rented a ford mustang convertible for the rest of the week, as i wanted to do LA like in the movies, u know cruising blah blah, i know cheesy as hell and jus a tad cliche but for those who know me i can be pretty darn cheesy. Anyway so we are awaiting for some 5ft columbian friend, called Helmut, of my cousin/friend, called Obby, and will head down to mexico tonight so it should be intresting. LAst time i went out with these guys was in London in my first year of Uni, and its really weird as it seems like things have become fullcircle, in that back then i had a crush on a girl and then obviously over time it subsided and now that girl has gotten more into my life recently, nothing going on but and it just feels really weird, like im right back to 8 years ago...and its the same people in my life all over again, i dont know how to describe it, but i was hoping this trip would provide a welcome distraction anyway to my life and give me time to ponder my thoughts and next moves...

Often people say that you have the world at your feet, and often that person saying it is me, but when people say it to me, im not sure, as i know my weaknesses and frailties and am scared that i dont have what it takes to succeed, but then u can wonder whats the definition of success. A friend and kinda relative just had a second kid, aH, and hes 27, and im 27 in 2 weeks, and his FB status was like 27, married with 2 kids, like its his achievements and mashalllah (Thanks be to God) he has got alot to be proud of, but then u know i dont think hes like a banker or like driving a 6 series bmw or anything but he is settled and comfortable and has a strong deen (faith) in his relgion and so i would quantify him as being more succesful than most people i know. Then i look at myself, im say for arguments sake, 27, no wife, no gf, no kids (not that i know of :-p),not sure on future profession, no house (that i own myself), nothing have notable mention really, and i wonder how can people say i got the world at my feet or im successful when you look at things like that. I am not down, far from it, i am grateful to God for everything i do have and for everything that has happened, and i know he has blessed me so much with everything and im so fortunate to have what i have, but i do need to start making something of my life...

My current fb status is "When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me". and its something i strongly believe in and i need to start doing it, and use it for the benefit of mankind, because i believe this is just the start of the journey and the work we put in here will only really gain the benefits later, thats not to say dont enjoy this life, on the contrary, i think if u do enjoy this life, it makes doing good things alot easier as you develop more happiness and love for this world and the people in it but its important to understand that this isnt the destination or end goal rather just the journey and theres no harm in enjoying the journey!

Anyway my journey will begin soon as the 5ft Columbian will be here so i better get ready...

inshallah will let you know what happens next time!

Take care

Asif

No comments: